The Leadership in Action Program is an intiative of the Roxby Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) and aims to support youth living in Roxby Downs aged 13 – 18 years. Youth will be supported in developing their leadership, communication and goal-setting skills and becoming leaders in action across the wider community. A practical and engaging program that will support the future leadership journey of participants and encourage them to utilise these skills in all areas of their lives.
- Program duration: 12 weeks. 1.5 hours per week.
Weekly sessions focussing on structured content around a variety of areas of leadership practice and personal development. Inspirational guest speakers will be involved in delivery of the program.
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
This leadership program intends to develop the following opportunities and outcomes for its participants:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Opportunities to connect and network with like-minded individuals
- An understanding of the importance of goal setting, and learn how to set effective goals.
- Build and develop valuable communication skills.
- Build and develop effective time management and planning skills.
- Learn how to positively influence and lead others.
- Deliver a youth leadership event within the local community.
- Become an influential young member within the community.
The Leadership in Action Group have established the Roxby Youth Awards to recognise the contributions youth make to our community by highlighting the not-so-visible achievements and accomplishments of our youth.
The Roxby Youth Awards are open for young people between the ages of 12-25 years and aim to recognise a diverse range of young people and their influence in the Roxby Downs community. The awards aim to highlight varying skills and attributes across a range of fields and showcase significant accomplishments and contributions to our local community.
Youth Awards Key Dates
Youth award nominations will open from 22 May - 27 June 2019.
Youth award presentation night will be held on the 10 August 2019 in the Roxbylink Auditorium
commencing at 6pm.
How to Enter Nominations
Nominations can be entered either through a hardcopy form or online via our online application available on the Roxby Youth Facebook page. Hardcopy forms will be available around the Roxby Downs community, within the schools, in the Community Youth Centre, and around Roxbylink facilities.
If you have any queries in relation to nominations, please contact the Leadership in Action group or Wes Knights on (08) 8671 0010 / 0409 676 848 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The form is no longer active.