Leadership in Action - Growing Young Leaders
The Leadership in Action Program is an initiative of the Roxby Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) and aims to support youth living in Roxby Downs aged 13 – 18 years. Youth will be supported in developing their leadership, communication and goal-setting skills and becoming leaders in action across the wider community. A practical and engaging program that will support the future leadership journey of participants and encourage them to utilise these skills in all areas of their lives.
- Program duration: 12 weeks. 1.5 hours per week.
Weekly sessions focusing on structured content around a variety of areas of leadership practice and personal development. Inspirational guest speakers will be involved in delivery of the program.
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
This leadership program intends to develop the following opportunities and outcomes for its participants:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Opportunities to connect and network with like-minded individuals
- An understanding of the importance of goal setting, and learn how to set effective goals.
- Build and develop valuable communication skills.
- Build and develop effective time management and planning skills.
- Learn how to positively influence and lead others.
- Deliver a youth leadership event within the local community.
- Become an influential young member within the community.