Service delivery impacts of COVID-19 on Council services are driven
by Federal and Government of South Australia direction
Given the unfolding and ever-changing nature of the situation with regard to COVID-19 in Australia, Council needs to be proactive, responsible and clear about how we all can contribute to maintaining the health and wellbeing of our community.
Balancing the need to provide essential services (such as power and water), community and sport and leisure services and protecting the community by implementing practices that support infection control and maintain health and wellbeing. We all have a part to play.
Council is taking proactive and responsible measures to respond to the impact of COVID-19 and is focussed upon:
· Protecting the safety of our community, stakeholders and employees;
· Ensuring that Council can continue to provide essential services to the community;
Where there is a Federal or State directive to further modify services Council will notify the community as soon as possible via the Roxby Council and Roxbylink Facebook pages, the Roxby Council website and notices at key points on Council and Roxbylink premises.
Delivery of Council and Roxbylink Services during COVID-19 -update 30 March 2020
- The Roxby Council office on Richardson Place is open.
- Service SA and Ezyreg services limited to Monday to Thursday 9am-4.30pm - see http://www.roxbydowns.sa.gov.au/ServiceSA
- The Dunes Cafe - grab'n' go tea and coffee only - no in-house dining.
- Roxbylink Kiosk - customer enquiry through external window only
All customers are asked to please note the following requirements when you visit the Council office or Roxbylink:
- If you have recently returned from international travel you should be self-isolating for 14 days.
- If you are unwell please stay at home.
- Please practise social distancing requirements of 2mx2m (4m/squared) between all members of our community and our staff.
- Please do not lean on counters.
- We prefer cashless payments. Eftpos, debit card, paywave, cashless wallett accepted. (we cannot accept American Express). Of course, where there is no alternative we will recieve cash payments.
- Please be patient and courteous of each other.
Due to Australian Government direction please be advised that the following premises/venues are now closed to the public:
- All playgrounds
- Skate park
- Netball and tennis courts
- Pools and splashpad
- Indoor sports facilities (stadiums and squash courts)
- Pulse fitness gym
- Creche and nippy gym
- Community Library
- Art Gallery
- Visitor Information Centre
- Community Youth Centre
Until further notice.
Council is working proactively to 'Stop the Spread' and following all Government directions.
Please ensure you are practising social distancing, regularly washing hands, staying home if unwell and isolating yourself where instructed.
Stay safe and healthy Roxby.
Council - (08) 8671 0010 or email@example.com
Roxbylink - (08) 8671 0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Government Essential Information www.australia.gov.au/
- Social Distancing info - www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-information-on-social-distancing.pdf
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Frequently asked questions - www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions
- Smart Traveller – the latest travel advice – www.smarttraveller.gov.au
- Coronavirus Health Information line: 1800 020 080 for general questions
Official Government "Coronavirus Australia" app: